Telehealth through Amwell
The Ascend to Wholeness Healthcare Plan has a new in-network benefit, Telehealth, that provides 24/7/365 access to U.S. board certified doctors and therapist via your smartphone, tablet, or computer through Amwell for the following services:
How to Register and First Visit Info Sheet
What is Telehealth (Amwell)?
- Urgent Care
- Behavioral Health Services
- Lactation Counseling
Telehealth is a faster, easier way to see a doctor. You can have video visits anytime on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. It's easy to use, private, and secure. Telehelath can be used any time, day or night. It’s perfect when your doctor’s office is closed, you’re too sick or busy to see someone in person, or even when you’re traveling.
What is the cost?
- Your choice of trusted, U.S. board-certified doctors and therapists
- Peace of mind with a doctor “on call” 24/7 to provide quality care
- Consultation, diagnosis, and prescriptions
Members will be responsible for copays as noted below for each Doctor visit.
- $15 for Accelerate Plan members per visit
- $30 for Access Plan members per visit.
The copay is assessed at the time of the telehealth visit and can be paid via credit card.
Who Is eligible?
Covered Employees or Covered Dependents on the Ascend to Wholeness Healthcare Plan.
How do I enroll?
- Download the iOS or Android mobile app OR visit http://webtpa.amwell.com
- Fill in the contact information form
- Set up your username and password
- In the "Do you have insurance?" drop down please select WebTPA
- Enter Service Key: WebTPA4
- Behavioral Health or Lactation Services please enter the following coupon code based on your Plan: Your Plan is noted on your healthcare ID card
- Accelerate Plan – ARM15 - $15 Copay
- Access Plan – ARM30 - $30 Copay
For Urgent Care Services No coupon code is required.
- $15 Copay – Accelerate Plan
- $30 Copay – Access Plan
How do I add my dependent spouse?
- Login Assistance – 855-635-1393.
- Benefits – 888-276-4732
Your spouse should create a separate account to enroll.
How do I add a dependent child to my account?
Parents and guardians can add their children who are under age 18 to their account and have doctor visits on their behalf. Enroll yourself first and then add then add your child or dependent to your account.
What should I do if I have a child over 18 who is still on my health insurance?
They should enroll as an adult and create their own separate account.
What can doctors treat on Telehealth?
Examples you can meet with a doctor to receive treatment for are:
When Would I Use Telehealth?
- Abdominal pain
- Ear infection
- Lactation counseling
Who Are The Doctors?
- I should probably see a doctor, but can’t fit it into my schedule
- My doctor’s office is closed
- I feel too sick to drive
- I have children at home and don’t want to bring them with me
- It's difficult for me to get a doctor's appointment
- I'm on business travel and stuck in a hotel room
- When traveling in the United States
Clinical services on Amwell are provided by Online Care Group – the nation’s first and largest primary care group devoted to telehealth. Doctors on Amwell:
- Have an average of 15-years of experience in primary and urgent care.
- Are US Board Certified, licensed, and credentialed.
- Have profiles, so you can see their education and practice experience.
- Are rated by other patients, so you can review and select the doctor that meets your needs.
You can request a copy of your medical records from your visit with the Telehealth doctor.