The open enrollment period for 2024 benefits will take place between September 25 and October 16, 2023. In your role in bswift as HR manager, you must submit all employee elections no later than Monday, October 20, 2023.
2024 Health Plan Options
The 2024 open enrollment period will be a passive enrollment. This means if an employee has already made benefits elections, including health plan, for 2023, and they do NOT want to make any changes for 2024, they can skip this year’s open enrollment.
You are legally required to make the following healthcare open enrollment documents or processes available to ALL eligible employees. You can deliver these documents via email, mail, or direct your employees to the Plan Documents page on the Ascend to Wholeness website.
2024 Health Plan and OE DocumentsLegally required health plan documents include:
- 2024 Summary of Benefits and Coverage – an Affordable Care Act (ACA) required summary of select healthcare benefits
Omnibus Notice – consolidated document, including several annual legal notices, such as
Healthcare Exchange Notice
Notice Regarding Wellness Program
Medicare Part D Notice
Sample letter to employees–This is a draft letter from you to your employees describing your organization’s OE process. In the areas noted in red, insert information specific to your organization, such as contact name, dates, and contribution rates.
- bswift login instructions–This is an instructional guide for your employees to log into bswift through the Ascend to Wholeness website.
- ATW Healthcare Plan Highlights–contains what’s new for 2024, outlines the Accelerate and Access options, the wellness platform (Virgin Pulse), and familiarizes you with the health plan service providers.
- Benefits Guide–overview of the primary (employer paid) and voluntary (employee paid) benefits such as Supplemental Life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, or Critical Illness insurance.
- Schedule of Benefits–benefit summary for the Accelerate and Access options
Dependent Social Security Number (SSN) Opt-out Forms–Employers must have documentation on file and submit to ARM if an employee or dependent(s) does not want to provide their SSN in bswift during open enrollment.